2012 - what can I say about it? I'm not shy in admitting that it wasn't perfect, but then it wasn't all bad either.
TBH, there had been times where I feel as if I've been spinning wheels - I should
have had the time and resources to get personal stuff underway (comic ideas, etc), but it seems whenever I'm ready to begin another phase or project, Life is waiting round the corner with its leg stuck out for me:
- Additional pets to look after
- Father Unit being involved in an accident (and lapping up every single moment)
- Various family problems too complicated to get into
- Technology going "Kaplow" at unexpected times
- Still unemployed and back on the dole; matter of time before the Mandatory Phase creeps up…
So that would mostly explain my unprepared hiatuses this year
However, there has been plenty of good to look back on:
- What projects and collabs I did
manage to complete - solo and with others - were really worthwhile and met with great response afterwards
- Created loads more fun memories with Best Mates; one of whom accompanied me to Italy this year
- Finding a number of modern-day shows that actually don't suck ("Adventure Time" being top o' the list!)
- Discovering and making use of further socialising networks (Facebook, Twitter and me Blog)
- Getting a bit more out there throughout London and beyond, thus improving confident and independence (although memory is another matter XP )
- Actually growing fond of having kittens round the house again
- And in recent months, nailing a number of fresh interviews with, hopefully, more to come
I've also learnt a great deal as one does each and every year. Been rather thoughtful about Life, the future, what I want to do, how I'm gonna do it...and then when things go askew I think; "Screw planning. Just go in head-first and see what happens."
I'm still the same caring chap I'd like to be - and yet, I feel as if I've changed along the way. For better or worse, I can't really tell. I know there have been times where I've really put my foot in it - but rather than mourn over those mistakes, I try to learn from them in the long term to come.
But I will say this: I'd never would have got this far or maintained my sanity without the support from friends and family. Some friendships have drifted, new ones were gained and current ones strengthened further. To those I'd like to give huge, grateful thanks, without getting all soppy in detail and hugs. Though I'll keep the faith and continue to look on the bright side however many pessimists and realists I'm surrounded by - and that includes the News also
As for what I have in store for 2013 - can't really say, to be frank. Other than I'll make it up as I go along whatever happens...so thanks for sticking around